What is the use of a book, without pictures or conversations?
I can’t explain myself, I’m afraid, Sir, because I’m not myself you see.
If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around
a great deal faster than it does.
Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Twinkle, twinkle, little bat! How I wonder what you’re at.
Tut, tut, child! Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.
Take care of the sense, and the sounds will take care of themselves.
Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.
I don’t believe there’s an atom of meaning in it.
You’re nothing but a pack of cards!
A cat may look at a king.
I’ve read that in some book.
I don’t remember where.
That’s nothing to what I could say if I chose.
I think I should understand that better.
if I had it written down: but I can’t quite follow it as you say it.
It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
Curiouser and curiouser!
Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it’s getting!
I wonder if I’ve been changed in the night?
Was I the same when I got up this morning?
I almost think I can remember feeling a little different.
But if I’m not the same, the next question is
‘Who in the world am I?’ Ah, that’s the great puzzle!
No comments:
Post a Comment